Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cat Introductions - The Inevitable Hurdle

Johnny and I have been dating for a couple months now, and while our cats have probably picked up on scents of each other, there will come a point (year+ from now) when proper introductions will be inevitable.

This makes me nervous, as cats are very territorial. In particular, my Earl Grey has been with Theodore for over a year and still hisses at him occasionally. Johnny's Sebastian is similar and takes time to warm up to people, let alone cats.

I think the next logical step is to introduce Theodore to Johnny's cats. Theo is the youngest and best socialized of the litter. I don't know how soon we'll do this. We'll likely keep him inside the carrier and let the cats sniff him from outside. Gotta be safe and take our time introducing them. We've got our work cut out, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment